There was a slight problem though....
I asked him for a month what he wanted for his birthday food wise and I kept getting - I don't care, don't do anything much, what ever works, I'm not picky. Yeah....You see, that does go over well in this home...I need direction! Without it and this is what you get....
Bacon Cups with Over Medium Eggs on Toast
Fresh baked at home Sourdough Bread
2 Dozen Pecan Pie Bars
Couple Dozen assorted sized Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
3 Layer, 6 inch round Red Velvet Cake with Tangy Cream Cheese Frosting.
And I am actually sitting here typing this and wondering if I should break out one or two more things. This is why I want direction....Because when I don't have it...This happens!!!! (All while sick and PMSing!)
Okay, now I normally put on something for confections here and put savory stuff on my other food blog but heck, I honestly don't want to post on two different blogs today, so gonna throw something your way here.
So, here we are. Quick and simple.
You will need:
Non-Stick baking Spray
Large Cupcake Pan (6 per sheet)
6 slices of white bread
12 slices of bacon
Large round cookie cutter or glass
What you need to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. Spray your cupcake pan with non-stick baking spray.
3. Cut large rounds with your cookie cutter out of the bread.
4. Line each cup with 1 slice of bread.
5. Bake 5 minutes and set aside.
6. Parcook your bacon, only about 5-6 minutes, half way.
7. Set on a wire rack and let cool until you can touch it without getting burned. Careful!!!!
8. Take 2 slices, cut each in half and crisscross it over the bread and up the sides in the pan.
9. Crack and egg into each cup.
10. Bake 20 minutes or until set. (The eggs will still look really runny but actually be cooked medium.)
11. Remove from oven, let cool 5 minutes.
12. Remove from pan and serve!
Quick, simple and a real show stopper! They taste awesome, need no forks and are great on the go!