1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Table Salt
2 1/4 Cup Unbleached All Purpose
11 Tablespoon Salt Butter, Chilled and cubed
3 Large Eggs
1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
3 Tablespoon Salted Butter, Melted
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Nutmeg
1/2 Cup Crushed Pecans
1 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F
2. Take a 9x13 cake pan and spray down with Pam Baking Spray.
3. In a large bowl dump in everything for the crust and with a frost cut it until it becomes like corn meal.
4. Dump it into the cake pan and press flat and firm.
5. Bake 20 minutes uncovered.
6. While that is baking toss everything but the pecans into a mixing bowl and combine until smooth.
7. Toss in the pecan and fold.
8. Soon as crust comes out, pour filling on top.
9. Set in oven and bake for 20 minutes uncovered.
10. After 20 minutes, cover and cook until set - slight giggle in the center - another 10-20 minutes depending on oven.
11. Remove and allow to cool 10 minutes before loosening with a knife from the sides of the pan. Let cool fully now in the pan before cutting into bars.
12. Serve and enjoy!
Next time I think I might try them with candied bacon. ^_~