Yup, that's right, bad bad kid! Daddy's deserve just as much as mommy does! (And I will never admit I just said that.) So, why not give dad the day off and bake something kick butt for him that he can take with him when he goes fishing, hunting, golfing or just out to the pool to nap.
Brownies in a Jar are the perfect treat!
I mean come on. Anything in a jar rocks, just look at moonshine. >.> It is self contained, no need to worry about a bag breaking, bugs getting in it and dad can even drop it in the mud as he is wandering to his stand in the middle of no where without worry of anything crappy getting all over his snack!
And well, we are talking about brownies! Now, I don't know your dad's favorite brownies recipe so this really isn't a recipe thing, but more of a how to for any recipe.
This is what you need....
- Brownies Batter
- Mason Jars - Pint Size ( 1 recipe usually makes 2-3 jarred brownies.)
- Lids and Seals
- Cookie Sheet
- Baking Spray
- Ribbons, cloth, tags, etc.
Now, this is really simple actually....
- Sterilize the jars then spray with cooking spray, rest on cookie sheet.
- Place the lids and seals in a pan and cover with water.
- Bring water to a boil, then remove from heat and cover until needed.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make Brownies Batter.
- Carefully pour into Mason Jar. (Fill 1/3 - 1/2 full depending on rise for your batter. More rise, less batter. Cake like brownies use less, fudge like use more.)
- Bake on cookie sheet for 30-50 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove carefully 1 at a time from oven.
- Carefully remove lid seal from water and place on top.
- Screw tight but not too tight and try not to get burned.
- Place on wire rack to cool fully.
- Repeat with rest of jars.
- After a bit you will hear them pop, meaning they sealed.
- Once fully cooled you can remove lid, but not the seal, to place cloth over the seal and place the lid back on it you want. Decorate now, add labels, ribbons, gift tags, what have you.
- Give to dad!
- Watch him enjoy!
- Smile as you are called the greatest child, stick tongue out to siblings.
- Go eat the one you stashed away for youself. :P