Thing is we are on a weight loss challenge, so needless to say deep fried skin covered chicken pieces drowned in blue cheese probably isn't the best thing to keep that hubba hubba hubby figure. Me personally, I have been craving crab cakes but hey I am cheap and don't want to spend the money on lump crab, as well as trying to keep a girlish figure. ^_~ I don't know why or how or what but some Bar Food God must have shot an arrow and hit me with a foodie epiphany. Buffalo Chicken Cakes!
So here we are. My messed up but, in my opinion, freaking nifty concoction! Shredded chicken, some vegis, buffalo wing sauce and crackers all mushed together and pan fried to give you this kick butt new bar food. (And what I love about it is that each large patty only has like 250 calories but over 30 grams of protein. Not fully diet friendly but hey we are making it work on out little diet. And no, it doesn't taste like diet food. Get ready for foodgasm!)
Buffalo Chicken Cakes
- 1 Pound Cooked and Shredded Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 1/2 Cup Buffalo Wing Sauce (We do 1 1/4 Cup Regular and 1/4 Cup Hot)
- 1 Cup Crushed Club Crackers
- 1/2 Cup Diced Celery
- 1/2 Cup Diced Carrots
- Mix everything in a large bowl until nice and mushy. I recommend wearing gloves since you are working with hot sauce.
- Take about 1/3 a cup or 100 grams worth of mix and form into a patty. (Or really just how ever big you want it.)
- Rest on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Continue until you use all the mix.
- Let rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Take a large skillet and warm up on medium heat.
- Spray skillet down with non stick spray.
- Place patties on skillet, keeping room between each to flip. I normally do 4 at a time.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes on each side, flipping once.
- Rest on plate to cool. Continue until all patties are done.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or just plain.
Seriously, that is it and they are freaking nifty if I do say so myself. ^_^